Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Jeremiah 1-3

Chaper 1
5 “Before I formed you in the womb I knew[a] you,
   before you were born I set you apart;
   I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
 6 “Alas, Sovereign LORD,” I said, “I do not know how to speak; I am too young.”
 7 But the LORD said to me, “Do not say, ‘I am too young.’ You must go to everyone I send you to and say whatever I command you. 8 Do not be afraid of them, for I am with you and will rescue you,” declares the LORD.
 9 Then the LORD reached out his hand and touched my mouth and said to me, “I have put my words in your mouth.

17 But you, dress yourself for work; [1] arise, and say to them everything that I command you. Do not be dismayed by them, lest I dismay you before them. 18 And I, behold, I make you this day a fortified city, an iron pillar, and bronze walls, against the whole land, against the kings of Judah, its officials, its priests, and the people of the land. 19 They will fight against you, but they shall not prevail against you, for I am with you, declares the Lord, to deliver you.”

* I read these verses right after I got to Ecuador and they just seemed to fit so perfectly. I had doubts for months on whether this was the right thing to do. I even had doubts as I was going through security. Our purpose here is to do God's will, no matter what it is, even if we don't believe we are right for the job or ready for it. We get so selfish sometimes and just want to do the bare minimum so we can still feel ok with calling ourselves christians. We need to put ourselves out there, and listen to God no matter what.

No comments:

Post a Comment