Thursday, January 13, 2011

The unfaithful bride

This was an idea that was brought to my attention by my sister Kyla. It's a simple idea but it's something that people seem to forget.
As we know, we are the children of God. So many times in our lives that's exactly what we act like. If you think about small children, they tend to make a lot of mistakes. Their parents always forgive them though, and a lot of the time, the children make those mistakes again. We as christians do the same thing. We sin, and ask God for forgiveness, knowing that he will openly give it to us. Sometimes we do extremely horrible things, but no matter what, God forgives us.
But the bible also tells us that we are the bride of Christ. We tend to forget that a lot. Think about it. How should a bride act? She should show love towards her husband, honor him, remain faithful, be completely honest with him, trust him, ect. How often to we actually act this way towards God? We constantly cheat on him, try to hide things from him, speak badly about him, put things before him, ect.
I think we would see a big change in today's "christians if we started acting more like the bride and less like a child.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really good point...I've never really thought about that before! Just so you know...your blog posts are really encouraging. You are such a positive person. I love positivity. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay I'm glad they're encouraging! I thought I was starting to sound a little down so I'm glad i'm sounding positive

    ReplyDelete