Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Otavalo

So today we went to Otavalo, a town about an hour and a half from Quito. There have a market there that is world famous. I decided that I was going to get everyones presents from there so I bought a ton of stuff today. It reminded me of the time I went down to Mexico because you can bargain with the people and get stuff for a lot cheaper, even though it's super cheap to begin with. I wish I lived in Ecuador so I could decorate my future house with stuff from there. They have everything you can imagine.
We shopped for a couple of hours and then had lunch at the pie shop. We all spilt huge sandwiches and had huge pieces of pie and we were all completely stuffed afterwards. It only cost a little over four dollars for each person to eat.
(This isn't a picture I took but I was too busy shopping to take any pictures today)

We then shopped a little bit more and then headed home.


Now, I'm sitting in my bed relaxing, because for some reason I'm exhausted. I've been looking at etsy a lot lately and I think I'm going to start buying handmade things. I'd rather help those people out than the big retail stores. Also, I think I should try to sell some paintings on etsy. That way more than just people in Colorado can see them. I really need to start painting when I get home and actually put some real effort into it. Also in etsy, I discovered that I have a new love for crocheted animals, as lame as that sounds.

2 comments:

  1. I loved Otavalo, that's where I got my first chess set in my now growing chess set collection :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I actually almost got you a chess set today but I decided against it and got your family other presents (:

    ReplyDelete